The Bristol Sling Ladies
The Bristol Sling ladies provide Bristol and surrounding areas with services and resources to enable safe babywearing, using slings and carriers. We offer free advice, along with charged consultations, workshops, and hires of the stock we have. Our weekly Sling Meets are run by volunteers, many of whom are trained to either Peer Supporter or Consultant level, through different UK Babywearing Schools.
This policy will set out what personal and sensitive data we will collect from you, how we will use it and how we will protect it.
Information we may collect from you and why
The data we collect from you will depend on how you wish use our services. We will almost always collect your name, and if you decide to hire any slings then we will ask for your contact details (address, telephone number and email address) to allow us to get in contact regarding the hire. We may contact you if you have requested information, to gain more knowledge prior to a consult, to get updates on how you are managing your hire, to send return reminders, invoices, and hire confirmations (normally via email). We may also get in contact through email to let you know of any updates or events that we (The Bristol Sling Ladies) have organised. The contract that you agree to (our Terms & Conditions) means that we hold this data to fulfill a contractual lawful basis, and that you will become a user of The Bristol Sling Ladies.
We may ask personal information regarding your physical or mental health, or your child’s health within conversations. We collect this information to ensure we can offer the best advice with regard to how you carry your baby, and which the most suitable carrier may be.
The information we request will only be for legitimate business reasons.
How we collect and store your information
We gather your information from several sources:
- From face to face contact
- Sign in sheets at sling meets – Attendance figures are logged before the sheet is shredded (No individual, personal, or identifying details are kept)
- Via Facebook private messages – access via password protected devices. Only The Bristol Sling ladies trained volunteers will be admin on this platform
- If you comment on Facebook posts – your name will be public to those who look at our page
- Incoming emails through Gmail – access through a password protected device
- Pre-consult questionnaires – via Gmail, stored as previously
- PayPal/Bank Transfers/Stripe/Square – accessed on password protected devices, and with a password each time they are accessed. PayPal/Bank Transfer details/Stripe/Square are accessed only by The Bristol Sling ladies. These sites will be GDPR compliant and have their own Privacy Shield
When we share your information
We do not share your information to any third parties unless you specifically ask us to.
The only exception to this is when we would feel a need to pass on any details was if we felt we had to speak to Social Work or a Health Visitor regarding a suspected safeguarding or child protection issue of any kind, as per our Child Protection Policy.
Your data subject rights
You have the right to request what data we store about you, at any time. We will give you those details within 14 days, with no cost to yourself. These details will only be what you have told us anyway.
We require you to opt-in to receive our email updates. You can request for us to delete your email address from our mailing list at any time. This request will be completed within 7days.
For insurance purposes we are required to keep your details for 6 years, but it will always be kept safely, as above.
Questions, concerns or complaints
If you have any queries, please contact us:
The Bristol Sling Ladies